Antestarr with his "lightfoil" variant of the beam sword.
The Beam Sword, often called a "light sabre" or "energy blade", is a weapon design to emit a shaft of energy that can slice through most solid objects with ease. They're a main staple weapon for many Characters of the Never-ending Story ever since its earliest inception. Often a ruhand, or especially a hilted ruhand, are mistaken for beam swords due to their similar appearance.
The long energy shaft is the most notable feature of the weapon. When two such energy shafts connect they are unable to pass through one another and will strike, much like two blades[NeS1 2].
The lightfoils are a light-weight variant of the beam sword invented for duelling by Antestarr[NeS1 4]. Though invented by Antestarr, they were sold on the Amazing Innovations telesales channel by Tony (British Pitch Guy)[NeS1 5].
Some beam weapons can double-up, extending into a staff-like weapon with two, or dual, energy blades from either end of the hilt[NeS1 6].
"Originally these energy weapons were simply the actual lightsabres[Ext 1] as used in the Star Wars[Ext 2] franchise. With some weeding out of over-used non-original material, and to further encompass more ground, lightsabres of the NeS are now considered an alternate name for a beam sword, or energy sword or whatever other name for such weapons as comes into use."
Never-ending Story1 References
- ↑ NeS1 Post 2, NeS1 Post 1, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story1 written by Miss_Fire the Writer.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 NeS1 Post 1, NeS1 Page 1, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story1 written by Gebohq the Writer.
- ↑ NeS1 Post 47, NeS1 Page 2, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story1 written by Miss Fire the Writer.
- ↑ NeS1 Post 81, NeS1 Page 3, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story 1 written by Antestarr the Writer.
- ↑ NeS1 Post 136, NeS1 Page 4, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story 1 written by Otter the Writer.
- ↑ NeS1 Post 42, NeS1 Page 2, The Fight of the Century of the Week, Never-ending Story1 written by Arbiter the Writer.